Sunday, June 5, 2011

So my life has gotten crazy and frustrating...

Really less crazy and more frustrating. I signed a lease for another apartment that I'll move into in August whenever the lease I'm in now ends. Now I understand why a landlord would want a lease. It basically gives them legal protection, and also I get some assurances as well. But it's frustrating whenever I want to move out of this one so badly, but yet I have to wait till August. Now I'll admit it was a good first apartment. The landlord was nice, he was my only neighbor, and the neighborhood was similar to the one I grew up in. But whenever you tell people that the apartment is the guy's basement, and that he lives upstairs, you get some weird stares. Yes, it is an odd situation. But I was desperate to get out of my parents house and this was my first viable option. But now that I have another apartment I'm waiting to get into, I can't help but notice differences.
Before I moved in, it was a newly wed couple who lived here, and how they did it I just don't know. First off, and most importantly, there aren't any counters. Seriously. I have a sink, a fridge, and a stove, all in an L shape, and it is so annoying. I have zero cook space. I would like to try to cook fabulous meals, but I have no room to prepare it on. There is a table, but it houses some miscellaneous things that don't really go anywhere else. There is only one set of cabinets. One above the sink and one below. Which I don't need much in the way of cabinet space, but it would be nice to have some space, and spread out my plates and cups. Then the cabinet below the sink houses the cleaning supplies. I had to by a plastic set of drawers so I could put my forks and knives somewhere, and it is a handy-dandy storage space. It's also set up awkwardly, the shower is so small I nearly break my legs trying to shave them, and there aren't any closets. So this place doesn't have much going for it. Did I mention it's a basement?
Also there's the whole job thing. I had to leave Picklers, which made me incredibly sad and mad. And left me scrambling. So now I'm at Maritz. I will give them this, the supervisors are pretty nice. I do know one person, and continue making friends, but honestly if something else came along, I would snatch it up in a heartbeat. I miss the interaction with my co-workers, and customers. Having to stick to a specific script and only being allowed to say certain things, it gets frustrating. There was a sign in Hastings about needing someone, which I applied for, and hope I get. Only 2 weeks at Maritz and I already am wanting something else. It pays well, and I get the hours that I want, but still, I miss being able to talk to my co-workers while working. Maybe I've been spoiled by my last jobs.
So yeah, basically it feels like the weight of the world on my shoulders. Sometimes I wish I could just be in high school all over again and not have to worry about things like money and apartments. Those songs about wanting to go back are true. But what scares me is to think that they are right, and I'm only 20. Really, that's scary to think that you want to go back 3 years and just stay in your parent's house, and have no real worries. Maybe that's just me and my fear of the "real world." I wish I had the ease of some other 20 year olds who get to tour Europe, and mommy and daddy send money and pay rent. But that won't happen. I guess at the end of my life I'll get to say that I did it my way.
*Also congrats to two great friends of mine that got married recently! You know who you are!*


No comments:

Post a Comment